As your doula it is an honor and privilege to be present at the birth of your child. It is with great respect that I come to nurture, encourage and assist you in this most extraordinary event. I view birth as a normal and healthy process. My goal as a doula is to help you have a safe and satisfying childbirth as you define it.
The Consultation package $500
Two prenatal meetings, two postpartum meetings, unlimited phone support (NOT attend birth)
- First Prenatal visit: Discuss any particular concerns or thoughts you have about the pregnancy, your care provider, etc.; put together birth plan; work through pain medication preferences and pain coping techniques; discuss how to gather information for making the best choices for you as interventions are suggested; address fears and concerns about your upcoming birth (possibly practice pain coping techniques, role play advocating for yourself in labor).
- Second Prenatal visit: Discuss any new concerns; review birth plan and discuss care provider's comments; signs of labor starting; what to expect postpartum- emotionally, physically, breastfeeding, newborn care, newborn behavior, any particular concerns; prepare a postpartum plan.
- First Postpartum visit: Breastfeeding support; newborn care instruction, emotional support, provide resources for any particular challenges.
- Second Postpartum visit: Follow up on any breastfeeding concerns, discuss current challenges, including sleep, sibling adjustment, support, physical recovery, etc. May also include information on using a sling, wrap, etc, bathing your baby and other newborn care information.
The Birth Package $1200-1600
Two prenatal meetings, on call to attend birth, attend birth, two postpartum meetings, phone support
- First prenatal: Everything included in the consultation package, plus discussion of how we will work together as a team, what you want from me at the birth, discussion of amount, type etc. of pictures you'd like me to take, discuss how I can best help the partner at the birth as well.
- Second prenatal: Discuss any new concerns; review birth plan and discuss care provider's comments; signs of labor starting; overview of stages of labor, what to expect in labor; what to expect postpartum- emotionally, physically, breastfeeding, newborn care, newborn behavior, any particular concerns; prepare a postpartum plan
- On Call for the Birth: I will be available to you, 24/7 beginning approximately 38 weeks onwards, although I will likely have no problem attending if you go into labor before this time. Yes, I really do get up at 2am to meet you in your home or at the hospital! You are always welcome to call with questions or concerns. I generally ask that you give me an hour to get to you in labor.
- Attend Birth: I will stay with you, providing support for as long as it takes to have your baby, and about an hour or so afterwards. I regularly spend 8 or more hours with a family, often as much as 12-24 hours. During this time I will provide encouragement, support with coping with contractions, massage, relaxation, visualization, suggestions for changing positions, help in making decisions about the medical management of the labor, support for the partner, in providing support for the laboring mom, and breaks for the partner as well. I also often take pictures and may communicate with family members in the waiting area. After the birth, I help to settle the room, getting everyone something to eat, taking pictures, and help with the initial breastfeeding. Throughout labor I am available for whatever the laboring couple may need beyond medical needs, whether it be food, a cool washcloth, support for difficult decisions or help through the contractions. I support the family with whatever decisions are made, regardless of what my own choices or preferences may be.
- First postpartum (3-5 days postpartum): Primarily breastfeeding support; newborn care information as needed, emotional support, provide resources for any particular challenges.
- Second postpartum (approximately 3 weeks postpartum): Continued breastfeeding support, resource referral, and processing of birth. I'll also give you a timeline from the birth that will facilitate discussion as well as a copy of any photos I took for you. (possibly include help learning to bathe your baby or use slings, wraps etc.)
The Birth and More Package $1500-1900
This package is particularly recommended for families having twins, or significant concerns.
Includes everything described in the standard birth package [Two prenatal meeting, on call to attend birth, attend birth, two postpartum meetings, phone support], plus two extra visits (either one more prenatal and one or two more postpartum):
- Third Prenatal visit: To include practice of pain coping techniques within the setting of a labor rehearsal, will also include role playing of various scenarios of particular concern. May also include an additional birth art exercise.
- Third (and possibly fourth) Postpartum visit: A four hour shift in the style of postpartum doula, to include, baby care so you can take a nap, newborn care instruction, make a meal for you, information about slings, wraps, and help with dishes, laundry, etc.
Serving Seattle, North King and South Snohomish Counties with Birth and Postpartum Doula Care
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com or 425-876-5049.