DONA Approved Postpartum Doula Training
April 3-6 2014
Boulder/ Denver Area, CO 80504
(specific location information is coming soon!)
A postpartum doula provides emotional support, newborn care instruction, breastfeeding support and practical household support in the early postpartum period. This 32 hour (8am-5pm, approx), 4 day course course will cover what you need to know to get started in your postpartum doula practice, including:
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Doula Support with Breastfeeding
- Effective Communication and Emotional Support
- Integrating the Baby
- Loss and Grief in Postpartum
- Multiples and Preemies
- DONA Certification Requirements
- Business Basics, including Insurance Reimbursement, Marketing and Expenses Tracking
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Newborn Care
- Doula as Teacher
- Rehearsal of Learned Skills and More!
Cost is $400 Early (ends one month prior to class), $450 Regular
For questions or payment by check call:
Melinda Ferguson, CD(DONA), PCD(DONA), PDT(DONA) 425-876-5049
Registration for Boulder/ Denver on Tickleap. Registration is open NOW! Space is limited to 16 participants.
- Verify completion of a breastfeeding requirement. Submit documentation with completed certification application. Choose one:
- Proof of completion of lactation consultant, breastfeeding peer counselor or community breastfeeding educator training.
- Proof of completion of an on-line lactation study program. Options include:
- Proof of participation in a breastfeeding class or workshop: Submit a class outline and signed Breastfeeding Class Observation Form as documentation of attendance at a three hour (minimum) breastfeeding class taught by an educator with recognized breastfeeding credentials (IBCLC, CLE, CLC).
- Read at least one book from each of the following categories: "Becoming a Mother", "The Newborn", and "Breastfeeding" from the Postpartum Doula Required Reading List. (Postpartum Reading List)
More Information about DONA Certification, including complete requirement list: DONA Postpartum Certification
Bring a Postpartum Doula Training to You!
For more information, please contact me at 425-876-5049 or Melinda@CalmConfidentDoula.com
"Melinda really cares about her students. I feel better prepared to effectively serve my clients."
"I really loved the role playing!"
"Melinda is a qualified, capable professional who has a lot of "heart" in her work and teaching."
"The business aspects were very valuable!"