DONA Approved Postpartum Doula Training
June 24-27, 2013
970 Raymond, Suite G-40, St Paul, MN 55114
October 20-24, 2013
Held in Longmont, CO 80504 (about 10 miles north of Denver)
A postpartum doula provides emotional support, newborn care instruction, breastfeeding support and practical household support in the early postpartum period. This 36 hour, 4 day course course will cover what you need to know to get started in your postpartum doula practice, including:
- Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Effective Communication and Emotional Support
- Emotional Transitions of the Postpartum Period
- Loss and Grief in Postpartum
- Multiples and Preemies
- DONA Certification Requirements
- Business Basics, including Insurance Reimbursement
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Newborn Care
- Doula as Teacher
- Rehearsal of Learned Skills and More!
Cost is $400 Early, $450 Regular
For questions or payment by check call:
Melinda Ferguson, CD(DONA), PCD(DONA), PDT(DONA) 425-876-5049
Registration for St. Paul: Click Here
Registration for Longmont, CO: Click Here
- Verify completion of a breastfeeding requirement. Submit documentation with completed certification application. Choose one:
- Proof of completion of lactation consultant, breastfeeding peer counselor or community breastfeeding educator training.
- Proof of completion of an on-line lactation study program. Options include:
- Proof of participation in a breastfeeding class or workshop: Submit a class outline and signed Breastfeeding Class Observation Form as documentation of attendance at a three hour (minimum) breastfeeding class taught by an educator with recognized breastfeeding credentials (IBCLC, CLE, CLC).
- Read at least one book from each of the following categories: "Becoming a Mother", "The Newborn", and "Breastfeeding" from the Postpartum Doula Required Reading List. (Postpartum Reading List)
More Information about DONA Certification, including complete requirement list: DONA Postpartum Certification
Bring a Postpartum Doula Training to You!
For more information, please contact me at 425-876-5049 or Melinda@CalmConfidentDoula.com