DONA Approved Postpartum Doula Training
April 3-6 2014 Denver, Colorado Area
June 11-14 2014 St. Paul, Minnesota
A postpartum doula provides emotional support, newborn care instruction, breastfeeding support and practical household support in the early postpartum period. This 32 hour (8am-5pm, approx), 4 day course course will cover what you need to know to get started in your postpartum doula practice, including:
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Doula Support with Breastfeeding
- Effective Communication and Emotional Support
- Integrating the Baby
- Loss and Grief in Postpartum
- Multiples and Preemies
- DONA Certification Requirements
- Business Basics, including Insurance Reimbursement, Marketing and Expenses Tracking
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Newborn Care
- Doula as Teacher
- Rehearsal of Learned Skills and More!
Cost is $400 Early (ends one month prior to class), $450 Regular
For questions or payment by check call:
Melinda Ferguson, CD(DONA), PCD(DONA), PDT(DONA) 425-876-5049
Registration for Denver on Ticketleap. Registration is open NOW! Space is limited to 16 participants.
Registration for St. Paul on Ticketleap. Registration is open NOW! Space is limited to 16 participants.
- Verify completion of a breastfeeding requirement. Submit documentation with completed certification application. Choose one:
- Proof of completion of lactation consultant, breastfeeding peer counselor or community breastfeeding educator training.
- Proof of completion of an on-line lactation study program. Options include:
- Proof of participation in a breastfeeding class or workshop: Submit a class outline and signed Breastfeeding Class Observation Form as documentation of attendance at a three hour (minimum) breastfeeding class taught by an educator with recognized breastfeeding credentials (IBCLC, CLE, CLC).
- Read at least one book from each of the following categories: "Becoming a Mother", "The Newborn", and "Breastfeeding" from the Postpartum Doula Required Reading List. (Postpartum Reading List)
More Information about DONA Certification, including complete requirement list: DONA Postpartum Certification
Bring a Postpartum Doula Training to You!
For more information, please contact me at 425-876-5049 or Melinda@CalmConfidentDoula.com
"Melinda really cares about her students. I feel better prepared to effectively serve my clients."
"I really loved the role playing!"
"Melinda is a qualified, capable professional who has a lot of "heart" in her work and teaching."
"The business aspects were very valuable!"